How to Find a Real Estate Agent in Central Oregon that Meets Your Needs:
Selling or buying a home is likely to be one of the biggest financial transactions of your lifetime – making it crucial to find a qualified agent! A good realtor should be familiar with the area, a seasoned negotiator, have knowledge of properties that are not yet on the market, and be able to help you find good lenders, as well as other exceptional financial advisors!
7 Tips to Help you Find the Perfect Agent
Whether you are buying or selling, here are some tips to help you on your journey to finding the perfect realtor for you!
1. Meet agents in their working environment – Go to open houses and talk to different agents to see which ones you connect well with.
2. Find an agent with experience – If you are listing your home, find an agent who exclusively does listings. If you are buying, make sure you are working with a buyers broker.
3. Talk with friends or family and see what realtor they used and if that realtor produced good results. There is a good chance that realtor will do the same for you!
4. Have a tech savvy agent – 85% of all buyers initially see potential homes online. A real estate agent in today’s world must email, text and be familiar with online marketing!
5. Interview several agents. Whether you are buying or selling, you want a realistic agent, not someone who only tells you what you want to hear. If you sign a buyers agreement, remember you or the agent can still decide you do not want to work with each other.
6. Make sure your agent is knowledgeable. Local knowledge is particularly critical, and your agent should be able to answer important questions about the community. Your agent should also know the different lenders and service providers in the area as well.
7. How will your realtor keep you informed about your transaction? While there is no correct answer, you want to make sure your realtor corresponds frequently with you about your transaction. Different realtors have different methods and you need to find out what you are most comfortable with.
Birtola Garmyn High Desert Realty
101 NE Greenwood Ave Bend, Oregon 97701